Saturday 19 March 2016

Things I have actually got around to making #1

Just to establish that I do sometimes stroll (never leap) into action,

There are two main areas of activity, Mondrian paintings and Rietveld furniture. On the latter, I am indebted to the authors of this book. Looking at amazon today, it seems to be out of print, but they have numerous second-hand sellers with offers from around £20.


My first example is the Rietveld lamp. Shown left is the illustration from the book.
I began documenting my efforts here, but do not show the final product. I stated in April 2013,

"[5Apr13] This project has been languishing for several years. I must have started it at least four years ago as I obtained the piece of copper pipe from a work colleague, and I retired in 2009. The other two pieces I bought from B&Q. I assembled the pipes a couple of years ago and also toyed with a combination of wood and metal pieces. [6th - I have found the original pack of bulbs I ordered which still had the ebay invoice dated 10th Jan 2007.]

The project ground to a halt when I couldn't find a lamp-holder to attach at the top

The metalwork is already done and I bought pots of Humbrol paint for the project years ago and so this early stage was soon reached."

Bringing matters up to date, I finished the lamp a year-or-so ago and still have the leftovers to make a couple more.

I opted for Mondrian colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment